- Some new features which have been in the wings for a long time have now been released. In particular, these are the <<CaptureInGrid()>> and <<DropDownPanel()>> commands. The first will present a repeater in the interview as a grid, rather than as a node in the interview treeview. And the DropDownPanel gives a way, amongst many other things, of presenting a “multiple-choice drop down”.
- The <<OnEnterSet()>> command functions in the same way as OnExitSet, but triggers its action when the focus enters a control, rather than (as with OnExitSet) when it leaves the control.
- Multiple entries can now be selected in the search dialog presented by the <<ChooseFromDataSource()>> command. These entries are each added to the dataset as repeated entries. They will appear in the treeview, or, if the CaptureInGrid command has been used, in a grid on the interview form.
- It is now possible to instantiate COM (Common Object Model) and .NET objects and address their methods and properties. There are a huge number of applications which are exposed via the COM mechanism, including all the Microsoft Office modules. These features are discussed in the Interact with External Programs article.
- The concept of Arrays has been introduced. Arrays are similar to variables, and can be manipulated by a set of functions similar to those available for variables. Arrays can be indexed by numeric values (much like VB or arrays in other languages), but also by string values. This makes the array concept very powerful in XpressDox.
- The <<MakeNoise()>> function enables the template author to provide audio feedback at different points during the merging of a template.
- There are so many commands and functions now available that the Command Editor is becoming cumbersome. To alleviate this, a new presentation format has been added – along with the alphabetic and categorical displays of the commands, a Most Frequently Used display is also available. Initially for any one template author this list is empty, but as the author uses commands or functions they are added into the MFU list and are presented with the most popular commands at the top of the list.
- The <<IncrementDate()>> function now has the option to increment by a number of working days. As part of the support for this, a list of public holidays can be provided in the “Other Settings” part of the XpressDox configuration.
- <<FlagTOCToBeUpdated(Yes)>> has been enhanced to include not only the Word table of contents, but all Word fields.
- Text files which have XpressDox fillpoints in them can now be “run” as if they were normal templates. This will help with tasks such as generating web pages and even program code.
XpressDox Help Center
Use Google To Find Help Fast, e.g. xpressdox choosefromlist
Press Getting Started in the XpressDox toolbar for basic template development
Watch the tutorial videos
View command help from list of commands
Press F1 for help on a command in the Command Editor
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance