How to setup Scheduled Tasks in a self-hosted environment
The Scheduled Tasks feature enables you to setup:
- a periodic ‘cleanup’ or deleting of both documents and data files from specified folders.
- a regular building of artifacts so that during template maintenance, these artifacts can be rebuilt at a convenient time, make the templates run noticeably faster.
- the emptying of the recycle bin.
1. Install the XpressDox Tasks Application.
2. Create an XpressDox folder into which you will be importing your new tasks.
3. Go to the Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Task Scheduler, and click the Import Task button.
4. Next browse to the XpressDox Tasks installation folder (typically C:\XpressDoxServer\XpressDoxTaskManager). The imports can be found in the ‘ImportTasks’ subfolder.
Note: If your installation folder is not the default then you need to set that path by following steps 5 – 6 below.
5. (Only required if your installation folder differs from the default.)
Click Create Task > Actions tab > Edit.
6. (Only required if your installation folder differs from the default.)
Set the two values as shown below:
7. Each task is imported separately. Now repeat steps 3 – 4, and optionally 5 – 6 for each of the other two tasks.
8. You should see three tasks configured.
The status should read ‘Ready’ for each of the rows.
9. Return to the XpressDox Tasks folder and open the XpressDox.TaskManager.exe.config file in Notepad++ or any text editor.
- If you are using a cloud server, change the value of the 3rdPartyAccountDirectory element. Ensure that it contains the correct path to your 3rdPartyAccountDirectory which you will find in your web.config file.
- If you are using a WinAuth Server, change the value of the SharedFoldersConfigurationPath element.
- Customize the 3rdPartyAccountDirectoryRecycleBin if desired.
- Customize the ArtefactsCreationLogThreshold if desired.