2013-06-28 Version 5.2.0
- A long-standing problem has been the error messages that XSLT issues during document assembly time where those messages look something like “Expected token, found ‘.’”, with no context. This could lead to a lot of trouble-shooting effort to find the offending fillpoint. The
«Debug()»command placed at the top of the template will now detect those syntax errors earlier on and give the template author some context to enable her/him to fix the problem.
- Fillpoints included into a document in the data (which can happen with data from data sources or included with IncludeFileData) are evaluated before the template and data are merged; this is different to how it has been up until now, but it does enable XpressDox to infer correctly when data elements referred to in this way belong to repeaters. It may be that this will not work correctly in some existing scenarios, for example if block commands (e.g. If and ForEach) have been included in data. Another mechanism will have to be employed by the template author to achieve the same results.
- If a Word document has been merged with an XpressDox template, and then the user wants to use either the My Clauses or Shared(Office) Clauses utilities to insert clauses into the merged document, then the system will present the user with the XpressDox Explorer, as has always been the case. Prior to this release, the folder at which the Explorer positions itself would be either the Clauses Library Folder defined in the user’s Home configuration, or in the Shared Clauses Library Folder configured by the Supervisor. Now, however, XpressDox will interrogate the active Word document to determine if it was created with an XpressDox template, and, if so, will look in the configuration for the folder from which the template was run, and will use the Clauses Library Folder configured there (or configured in a parent folder). This means that clause libraries can essentially be tailored differently for different sets of templates.
- Some bugs have been fixed, specifically with regard to the DefineSetAllGroup, RepeatWhile, and ChooseFromRepeatingData commands.
- A bug involving the selection of folders in the XpressDox Explorer has been fixed.